Toolbar disappeared and I can't get it back
BTALON
2004-12-28 22:32:28 UTC
My toolbars in Freehand MX disappeared and I can't seem to get them back. I tried uninstalling thenre-installing and trashing all Freehand files, and still no luck. Anyone familiar with this?
Bill
2004-12-28 22:38:16 UTC
The following is copied from Macromedia Technote #13188.
--
Bill
FHMX/Win98/Athlon2500+/512M

HOW TO RECOVER MISSING TOOLBARS

Issue:
A toolbar has disappeared. The Window menu shows a check mark in front of
the menu item, but it is not visible.

Reason:
This occurs when a toolbar has been moved off the edge of the screen, or
the settings file that remembers the status of the toolbar has become
corrupt.

Solution:
There are several things that can be done to restore the missing toolbar.
To recover, try these three options (in the order listed):

1. Look around the edge of the screen for a small piece of the edge of a
toolbar. If found, try dragging it back to the desired location.

2. Delete the Toolbar settings file. Exit or Quit FreeHand prior to trying
this option.

FreeHand MX
Windows - C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application
Data\Macromedia\FreeHand MX\11\English\Settings\ToolBars\Tools.set
Macintosh OS® X - [harddrive] > Users > [username] > Library > Application
Support > Macromedia > FreeHand MX > 11 > English > Settings > Toolbars >
Toolbars
Macintosh OS 9 - [harddrive] > System Folder > Application Support >
Macromedia > FreeHand MX > 11 > English > Settings > Toolbars > Toolbars

FreeHand 10.0.1 (Windows only)
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application
Data\Macromedia\FreeHand\10\English\Settings\ToolBars
FreeHand 10.0 and earlier
Windows - C:\Program Files\Macromedia\FreeHand
[#]\English\Settings\ToolBars\Tools.set
Macintosh - [harddrive] > Applications > FreeHand [X] > English > Settings
Toolbars > Toolbars
3. Delete the Application preferences. Exit or Quit FreeHand prior to
trying this option.

FreeHand MX
Windows - C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application
Data\Macromedia\FreeHand MX\11\English\Settings\FHprefs.txt

Macintosh OS® X - [harddrive] > Users > [username] > Library > Application
Support > Macromedia > FreeHand MX > 11 > English > Settings > Preferences

Macintosh OS 9 - [harddrive] > System Folder > Application Support >
Macromedia > FreeHand MX > 11 > English > Settings > Preferences

FreeHand 10.0.1 (Windows only)
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application
Data\Macromedia\FreeHand\10\English\Settings\FHprefs.txt

FreeHand 10.0 and earlier
Windows - C:\Program Files\Macromedia\FreeHand [#]\English\FHprefs.txt
Macintosh - [harddrive] > Applications > FreeHand [#] > English >
Preferences

Last updated: June 2, 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:32:28 +0000 (UTC), BTALON