Freehand MX and Windows Vista????
indyrebel
2009-03-11 18:49:52 UTC
New to the forums,
I have been using Freehand since it first came out and this past week I
switched over to Windows Vista.
I'm running Freehand MX and it works really great except for PRINTING!!!! I've
tried everything I can think of, I even downloaded new print drivers(Vista
update) for my HP LaserJet 5200. I can't get any printer to work.
The error reads: Could not complete your request because read or write access
has been denied, then the printer will print off an error sheet: Postscript
error: syntaxerror Offending Command.
Oh, I'm also trying to print through our network.
If anyone has a simple fix to this problem PLEASE HELP!!!!!
I'm trying to avoid switching to Illustrator CS4 which I also have and it runs
great on Vista, printing works great too!

Thanks,
Indyrebel
maeric
2009-03-12 15:52:53 UTC
Unfortunately, this is Adobe's official response to FHMX on Vista:
[b]Does Adobe plan to provide an update to FreeHand MX that will support
Microsoft Windows Vista?[/b]
[i] Adobe has no plans to deliver a FreeHand MX release that supports
Microsoft? Windows? Vista?.[/i]

CS4 Illustrator will open your FH file(s) however. You can print from there.
(Personally, I use FHMX for ALL my illustration work and switch to CS3 for
converting files or for printers needing native AI files from FH.)

Indyrebel: If you haven't already, be sure to add your voice to the forum
thread asking Adobe To Upgrade Freehand !
indyrebel
2009-03-12 16:02:08 UTC
Thank you Maeric!
That helps!
I'll look for the forum and add my "yes" vote.

-Indyrebel