Font aren't printing correctly
Dawn Domine
2009-03-07 20:23:20 UTC
My fonts quit printing in Freehand MX so I upgraded to MX11.0.2

Still wont print. All font print our fine in other programs
Judy Arndt
2009-03-08 00:42:24 UTC
Post by Dawn Domine
My fonts quit printing in Freehand MX so I upgraded to MX11.0.2
Still wont print. All font print our fine in other programs
Not enough information.

What is your OS?

Are you printing to a Postscript or non-Postscript printer?

Does this happen with some fonts or all fonts?

What type of fonts are giving you trouble? Are they Postscript, TrueType or
OpenType fonts?

Are you using a font manager? If so, which one?

If you use Adobe applications, do you regularly clean out font caches?

There are font issues with FHMX and Mac OS 10.5. Post again with more info.

Judy Arndt
ptiserviceco
2009-03-08 19:17:16 UTC
Using FreeHand 11.0.2 and Mac OS 10.5.6, some fonts weren't printing for me to
my HP LaserJet 4100n. Printing to PDF via Distiller 9 or the system usually
worked OK. After trying many different experiments (i.e. tearing my hair out),
I came upon something that worked. I put the fonts I wanted into the
/Library/Fonts folder. The permissions of those fonts were set to:

me = read and write
staff = read only
everyone = read only

I opened the info window for those fonts, unlocked the padlock, and changed
the permissions to:

me = read and write
admin = read only (this had to me manually added using the "+" sign
everyone = read only

I deleted the permissions for "staff", though I'm not certain this was
required. Locked the padlock, closed the info window, and so far they are
printing happily. It's important that all of the permissions for the system be
set correctly, so using Disk Utility to verify and repair them is also a good
idea. That won't fix the permissions for an individual font file, so you have
to do it manually.

Brian
Mkersh
2009-03-16 19:55:57 UTC
Using FreeHand 11.0.2 and Mac OS 10.5.6, here too...too many fonts and too many
users to do this to (permissions change)..
Actual font issues vary from user to user, printer to printer, day to day,
font to font...

Convert to paths!!!!
Mkersh