Freehand 10 Crashes When Printing
monaronyc
2009-01-22 15:04:30 UTC
Hi group!

I know Freehand 10 is sort of obsolete... but believe it or not, we still have
a few users here in our creative department that still use it religiously and i
hope someone can help.

Our color printers were recently upgraded to the Xerox Splash Docucolor 252.
Every time we try printing from Freehand 10 to this printer in Mac OS 10.4.11
(intel) Freehand crashes.

If i select a black and white printer from the printer list, it prints without
incident.

I've done pretty much all the usual troubleshooting (reinstalled driver.
recreated printer. deleted freehand prefs. nuked font cache. repaired
permissions. check the disks directory. etc..).

Anyone know if maybe this is some kind of incompatibility issue?

Thanks in advance!
MacPaul
2009-01-24 18:43:41 UTC
Post by monaronyc
Hi group!
I know Freehand 10 is sort of obsolete... but believe it or not, we still have
a few users here in our creative department that still use it religiously and i
hope someone can help.
Our color printers were recently upgraded to the Xerox Splash Docucolor 252.
Every time we try printing from Freehand 10 to this printer in Mac OS 10.4.11
(intel) Freehand crashes.
Since I use 10.4, FH MX always crashes after printing, so it's more a
matter of an old app being no more 100% compatible to newer OSes,
something you simply have to deal with, even when you have no crashes
with certain printers. Same goes to creating PDFs via Adobe PDF driver.
--
"Die Mutter der Dummen ist immer schwanger."

Afghanisches Sprichwort